Wednesday, January 14, 2015

Metal detecting wellingtons

Keep your feet warm this winter

It's that time of year again when we start to get cold feet, over the years I have gone through so many different pairs of boots I have given up counting. Recently I decided to try a pair of Muckboots as they had been strongly recommended by several detectorists.

There are several different types of Muckboots to suit all walks of life..., the best ones for detecting are the Muck Master Moss as they have chunky tread and a reinforced sole and arch which supports the foot when digging. Reading several reviews the Trent boot appears to be more comfortable and slightly cheaper so that's the boot I chose.
I must say these are very warm and like slippers to wear, not once have I had cold feet or a massive build up of mud on the sole...known as the detectorists big foot. The sole appears to be quite rigid but I would suggest using a spade with a rolled top to avoid puncturing the sole.

The only real complaint was they felt damp inside after a days detecting due to feet sweating, this could be down to the wrong socks, I have also been told spraying antiperspirant onto your feet will virtually eliminate this problem. The boots are so soft they can be rolled down into a half boot for easy drying and summer use.
Beware of copies, mudboots, muddyboots, dirtboots, muckyboots, the real ones are from the Muck Boot Company
I got my boots from Hildreths in prestwood



Keep your feet warm with these quality socks





No comments: