Sunday, January 11, 2015

Metal detecting clothing

Camouflage why is it so popular with metal detectorists ?

I for one am a lover of camouflage and very often asked why do I wear it and cover my machines in one type or another.
One reason is genuine military clothing has always been good quality and reasonably priced...however the main reason I wear cammo is so I am not seen by other detectorists...who may well be up to no good.

In the past I have had novices walk on my detecting land simply because they have seen me in the past and assume it's a free for all, this is one of the easiest ways to loose your detecting permission.

Although cammo will never make me invisible, it is designed to break up your body outline, I do my best to blend in to my surroundings keeping a low profile whenever possible, especially if searching close to a road or public place.

 If you stick out like a sore thumb your sites may well be covered in dig holes the next time you visit.

Here are some typical types of popular camouflage used by metal detectorists and shooters

British DPM (Disruptive Pattern Material) used from 1968 to present day


MTP Multicam (Multi Terrain Pattern) the latest used by our troops in Afghanistan

German Flecktarn the dots cause a "dithering" pattern and is very good in woodland




Protect your metal detector stem with these Jack Pyke barrel covers


No comments: